Before departure Belize - The Traveller


Post Top Ad

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Before departure Belize

In France

- Honorary Consulate of Belize: 7 bis, rue du Bouquet 92370 Chaville. Tel. : 01-41-15-55-34.

You can also call or write to London:

- Belize High Commission: 22, Harcourt House, 19 Cavendish Square, London W1 M9AD. Tel: 00-44-207-723-36-03.

For tourist information, go directly to:

- Belize City in Belize Tourist Board, tel. : 00-501-227-24-20.

In Belgium

- Embassy of Belize Tourist Board: Boulevard Brand-Witlock, 136, 1200 Brussels. Tel. (02) 732-62-04. Email: Open Monday to Friday from 10am to 12pm and from 14h to 16h.


- Passport valid 6 months after return. No visa required for citizens of European member countries of the European Union.

- Residence permits issued to customs, valid 1 month, with possibility to extend it every 30 days by contacting the immigration authorities in Belize City or Belmopan (after $ 50 Bz).

- No tax to enter Belize. But you have to pay an exit tax!

Exit formalities

- ATTENTION, just outside of Belize, we must pay an exit tax, which varies depending on the chosen path.

- It amounts to Bz $ 37.50, payable in Belize dollars or U.S., if you're on foot or by bus, or $ 30 Bz if you stayed less than 24 hours in Belize;

- To 36 USD if you are flying, payable only in U.S. dollars. However, it is in principle already included in the ticket price (except for American Airlines and TACA sometimes). Check with the airline at the airport or to avoid unpleasant surprises. Part of this tax is intended to fund preservation of national parks.

- By car: If you have rented in Belize, you can not cross the border. Check with your landlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.