Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Villa d’Este, Italy


Villa d’Este – Deep Influence on Garden Design in Europe

The Villa d’Este has a deep influence on the development of garden design all over Europe. With its palace and garden, it is one of the most amazing as well as broad illustrations of Renaissance most refined culture. The state-of-the-art design together with the architectural components in the garden namely the fountains, ornamental basins, etc. make this a unique specimen of Italian 16th century garden.

It is one of the first giardini delle meraviglie, an early model for the creation of European gardens. Cardinal Ippolito II d’Este had arrived in Tivoli on 9 September 1550, on obtaining the post of governor of the town and the official residence was assigned to him in Tivoli, part of the monastery of the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, which did not suit him.

He then decided to build an impressive villa with gardens and the designs were traditionally built, attributing to Pirro Ligorio. The serene ensemble of the palace and gardens forms an irregular quadrangular, covering a space of around 4.5 ha. The plan of the villa seems to be irregular since the architect was obliged to make use of certain parts of the earlier monastic building. Towards the garden area, the architecture of the palace seemed to be very simple.

Loggia of Palace Symbols the Longitudinal/Central Axis of Garden

A long main body of three storeys has been marked by bands rows of windows, together with side pavilions, scarcely jutting out. This unchanging portico is disturbed by an elegant loggia towards the middle with two levels and stair ramps that have been built by Raffaello da Firenze and Biasioto.

 Its lower level has been decorated with the Fountain of Leda while the main rooms of the villa have been arranged in rows on two floors which open on to the garden. The private apartment of the cardinal comprising of four rooms is located on the same level as the courtyard while the receptions rooms connected together towards the back by a long corridor known as the Manica Lunga, are on the lower level.

The garden tends to stretch over two steep slopes plunging downward from the palace to a flat terrace in the style of an amphitheater. The loggia of the palace symbols the longitudinal and central axis of the garden.

Fontana del Bicchierone – Design by Bernini

Five vital transversal axes tend to become the central axis from the fixed point of view developed by the villa as each of them terminate in one of the main garden fountains. The most amazing effect is by the big cascade flowing from a krater balanced in the center of the exedra where jets of water are activated when unsuspected people tend to walk under the arcades.

Behind the exedra is an artificial mountain having three alcoves holding statues of the Sibylla of Tibur along with her son Melicerte with the river divinities Erculaneo and Anio. Towards the west is its counterpart the Fountain of Rome which was built between 1567 -70. The Fountain of the Great Glass – Fontana del Bicchierone, was built as per a design by Bernini and added to the decoration of the central longitudinal axis during the 17th century wherein the fountain is in the shape of a notched chalice, from which great jet of water tends to fall into a conch shell.

During that period, the huge pergola towards the original entrance of the villas had also been replaced by the Rotunda of the Cypresses, which is a circular space adorned with four small fountains and circled by ancient cypress trees.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Menara KL Tower


Menara Kuala Lumpur Tower – Tallest Freestanding Tower in the World

The Menara Kuala Lumpur Tower or MenaraKL is a tall tower situated in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The construction of this huge tower was completed on 1 March 1995 and is utilised for the purpose of communication featuring an antenna which reaches at a height of 421 metres.

It is the 7th tallest freestanding tower in the world. The roof of the pod is at 335 metres while the rest of the tower below has a stairwell as well as an elevator to reach the upper area of the tower. It also contains a revolving restaurant, which provides diners withan amazing view of the city. Races are also held annually here where the participants tend to race up the stairs to the top.

Besides this, the tower also acts as the Islamic falak observatory to perceive the moon which marks the beginning of the Muslim month of Ramadhan, Syawal and Zulhijah, celebrating the fasting month of Ramadhan, Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Aidiladha. It is open to the public and is the highest viewpoint in Kuala Lumpur. Besides the Petronas Twin Towers, Menara KL Tower is Malaysia’s most popular landmark and this gleaming tower’s spindle like apex can be seen from anywhere in Kuala Lumpur.

Architectural Style Mirrors Malaysia’s’ Vibrant Islamic Heritage

Menara KL’s viewing deck is at 276 metres at around 100 metres higher than the Petronas Twin towers’ Skybridge where the view is spectacular during the day and even better during night time where one can glimpse the entire city centre sparling with the lights.

The tower is constructed on top of the Bukit Nanas – Pineapple Hill, Forest Reserve, which is the oldest gazetted forest reserve in the country, housing age old trees together with flora and fauna originals to Malaysia’s tropical climate. When Menara KL Tower had been built, the overall design was intended to represent the human journey for perfection in life.

Its architectural style mirrors Malaysia’s vibrant Islamic heritage with Arabic scripts, Islamic tiles and archetypal Islamic floral as well as abstract patterns. Its structure comprises of Muqarnas which is a kind of corbel that is used as a decorative device in traditional Islamic as well as Persian architecture, underlining the design as homage to the revival of Islamic architectural heritage.

Globular Pinnacle Inspired by Malaysian Spinning Top

The upper ground floor main lobby is decorated with exquisite glass-clad domes which sparkle like massive diamonds and the tower’s familiar globular pinnacle is said to be inspired by a Malaysian spinning top. The main public area and the entrance is towards the upper ground level where there are 9 shops, a fast food restaurant, a mini-theatre which shows a documentary on the construction of the tower every fifteen minutes as well as an open air amphitheatre with 222 seats.

Public toilet facility is also made available there. Before going to the observation deck one will need to purchase ticket after which they can proceed to the fast speed elevator that will transport them to the observation deck. Downstairs one will find several souvenir shops though it would be better to wait till you get back again.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Macau, China


Macau – Earliest European Colonies in Asia

Macau is situated towards the southeast coast of China and is a special administrative region of the country. Macau was one of the earliest European colonies in Asia and the last to be abandoned and hence has several visible colonial history than Hong Kong.

While walking through the old city, one gets the feeling of being in Europe minus the streets without the people and the Chinese signs around.Besides the city, Macau comprises of the islands of Taipa and Coloane which are linked to Macau via bridges and to one another by a causeway, presently built up into the Cotai Strip.

The Chinese city of Zhuhai is bordered by Macau towards the north, where the border crossing has heavy two way vehicular as well as pedestrian traffic. The Zhuhai Special Economic Zone tends to extend towards the south of Hengquin Island, west of Taipa, Cotai and Coloane. The Lotus Bridge is connected from Cotai to that area. There is substantial movement by the locals of both Zhuhai as well as Macau across the bridge which makes the two seems like twin cities

Asia’s Popular Gambling Mecca

Known as Asia’s popular gambling Mecca, one will find the traditional Chinese culture with exotic Portuguese buildings. Macau derived its name from the word Magao – A-Ma Temple, which was a shrine that had been dedicated to Mazu, the sacred sea goddess respected by the locals.

It is said that towards the middle of the 16th century when the Portuguese had first visited the city, one of the officers had asked a fisherman the name of the land and the man misunderstanding the officer had answered `Magao’ which was the name of A-Ma Temple that was before them.Thereafter the word became the Portuguese name for the land.

In 1535, the Portuguese traders gain the rights to anchor ships in Macau’s harbour and carry on trading activities but no right to stay onshore. Towards 1552-1553, they acquired temporary permission to create storage sheds onshore to dry out goods that were saturated by sea water and built rudimentary stone houses around the area which is presently called Nam Van. The Portuguese, in 1957, established a permanent settlement in Macau and paid an annual rent of 500 taels of silver and continued to pay an annual tribute in order to stay in Macau till 1963.

Peninsular – World of Antiques/Fashion/Traditional/Modern

For almost 400 years, they ruled here before the return of its official to the People’s Republic of China on 20 December, 1999, as a special administrative region. The city covers an area of 27.5 square kilometres with a total population is 469,800 out of which 95% are Chinese while the rest are Portuguese and other westerners.

Most of them reside on the Macau Peninsular where there is a variety of both Oriental as well as Western cultural and historical places of interest together with various types of old buildings which are European baroque or traditional Chinese style.The life of the city has been influenced by the mixture of people, culture and the history in every aspect.

Around the Peninsular, one will find a world of antiques and fashion, traditional and modern together with tranquillity and glitz. Many are of the belief that this destination is suitable both for tourist as well as living since it is a beautiful city with clean streets, gardens together with picturesque hilly landscape with the added attraction of clean air, sunshine, green lands together with delicious food which have made their own contribution to this amazing destination.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Pyramidenkogel Tower


Pyramidenkogel Tower – Well-Known Innovative Tourist Attraction

Pyramidenkogel, an 851 metre high mountain in Carinthia, Austria is situated towards the south of the Worthersee, near the town of Maria Worth. It is located in an area which is a border between speakers of German and Slovenian. In Slovenia area, the mountain is known as Jedvovca and has been a tourist attraction from late 19th century.

In 1950, a wooden observation platform was built and a cross, as a remembrance of the dead of World War I and World War II and the `victims of the mountains’. The cross had been consecrated on August 20, 1950. At the end of summer, an annual `Trausteinmessue - a special Mass, is celebrated. Between 1966 and 1968, a 54 metre tall observation and broadcasting tower made of steel and concrete – Pyramidenkogel Tower was built which was a well-known innovative tourist attraction as per the rough Guide to Austria.

Towards July 2006, there were plans to tear down the prevailing tower to replace it with a new building, a multi-purpose activity centre. This was approved in 2007 for which €10 million was kept aside in 2008, by the Carinthian government. Competition for the new design had started in 2007 wherein the firm of Klaura & Kaden won it and construction began by late 2008.

Ladder into Heaven of Stacked Ellipses

The old tower was collapsed in October 2008, though financial as well as political issues prevented any new construction. Austrian architects, Markus Klaura together with Dietmar Kaden and civil engineering practice Lackner & Raml as well as an entrepreneurial consortium inclusive of Rubner Hozbau joined together and worked in close union in order to complete the world’s highest observation tower in Carinthia, Austria.

Situated on the top of the Pyramidenkogel Mountain, this project openly challenges the tower typology as it searches through a 10 storey helix shaped structure which reaches a height of 100 m. The new tower which was completed in 2013 has been described by Dietmar Kaden as a `Himmelsleiter aus gestapelten Ellipsen’ – a ladder into heaven made of stacked ellipses which functions as a `Leuchtturm der Holzbranche’ – a lighthouse for the timber industry. No name had been decided, though Markus Klaura had proposed `Isis Noreia’ after the goddesses Isis and Noreia.

Tallest Wooden Observation Tower

The tower was built of steel and wood and is the tallest wooden observation tower in the world. The architects had designed the structure featuring a visitor’s platform at 83 metres, a café at 70 metres and a long slide of 66 metres.

 The tower is said to be PEFC-certife. Huge wooden columns elliptical rings together with steel diagonal supports were painstakingly assembled in order to generate a curvaceous basket like structure within which are most of the circulation facilities together with three 360 degree observation decks, a multipurpose covered glass lounge as well as a slide that gives the visitors quick and fun filled way down.

Replacing the 40 year old tower, this intricate wood-steel framework sits on a concrete slab which has been deeply embedded into the bedrock of 20-long anchors. At ground level tourist can access the main structure through a masonry built podium which has been designed to accommodate public places like a foyer, shop, restaurant and box-office.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Piazza Navona, Rome


Piazza Navona - Famous/Beautiful Squares of Rome

Piazza Navona is one of the most famous and beautiful of Rome’s several squares. It was built on the site of the Stadium of Domitian during the 1st century AD which follows the form of an open space of the stadium, built by Emperor Domitian. The stadium that has a larger arena than the Colosseum was used mainly for sporting events and festivals. The huge and lively square features not less than three amazing fountains.

Piazza Navona has two other fountains. Towards the southern area is the Fontana del Moro with a basin and four Tritons which are sculpted by Giacomo della Porta in 1575 to which Bernini added a statue of a Moor or African wrestling with a dolphin in 1673. At the northern part is the Fountain of Neptune – 1574 which was also created by Giacomo della Porta and in 1878, the statue of Neptune surrounded by sea nymphs,sculpted by Antonia Della Bitta had been added in order to create a balance with La Fontana del Moro.Another interesting feature is the Baroque church of Sant’Agnese in Agone.

The front portico of the Baroque church had been designed by Borromini, the rival of Bernini. Construction began two years after the completion of Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers in front of the building and was completed in 1670.

Circus Agonalis/Competition Arena

Piazza Navona is located in the historic centre of Rome towards the west of Panteheon and is one of Rome’s active squares having several outdoor cafes, night clubs and restaurants in the neighbourhood.Ancient Romans visiting this place to watch the agones or games due to which it was known as `Circus Agonalis or a competition arena.

It is said that over a period of time, the name was changed from avone to navone and ultimately to navona. Towards the southwest area of the piazza one will find an ancient `speaking’ statue of Pasquino which was constructed in 1501 where the Romans could leave derogatory social commentary close to the statue. Throughout history, the piazza had held theatrical events as well as other ephemeral activities.

When the festival was curbed, from 1652 till 1866, it got flooded on each Saturday and Sunday in August in elegant celebrations of the Pamphili family. The pavement level had been raised in the 19th century and the market was moved to the nearby Camp de Fiori in 1869. A Christmas market was also held in the piazza.

Attraction of Piazza Navona – Three Fountains

The attraction of Piazza Navona is the three fountains which beautify the square. The Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi – Fountain of the Four Rivers, is the central and the largest Fountain which was built on the request of Pope Innocent X, between 1647 and 1651.

 The design of the fountain had been commissioned to Borromini though it was eventually offered to his rival Bernini. The fountain is said to feature four figures where each tend to represent a river from a different continent namely, the Nile, Ganges, Danube and Rio de la Plata and the statues are placed at the base of a rock that supports an obelisk, which was initially located at the Circus of Maxentius towards the Appian Way.

A Refreshing Getaway: The Most Fulfilling Resort Features


When a person goes on a vacation, they are looking to have a very relaxing and invigorating experience. While some resorts offer the basic amenities, there are others that provide their guests with royal treatment. Here are five of the most fulfilling resort features.

Swimming Pool

In the eyes of many vacationers, a swimming pool is a must-have feature. This is especially true during the warmer months. From young children to senior citizens, the entire family can get in on the fun. Some resorts actually feature a poolside bar, which enables the vacationers to grab a cold beverage while they relax. Even non-swimmers can kick back on the lawn chairs while they enjoy the scenery.


For the vacationers who love the thrill of gambling, a casino can provide hours of excitement. By having a casino at the resort, the guests will not have to worry about traveling to a different location. Some of the most popular games games include slot machines, video poker, and blackjack. If the person wins some cash or a nice prize, this makes the entire vacation even more rewarding.


Virtually everyone can appreciate a delicious meal. Fortunately, many resorts have a restaurant right on the premises. Whether the guest has an appetite for a unique cuisine or craves a juicy hamburger, an experienced chef can certainly satisfy their taste buds. While most resorts feature a dining room, there are others such as Blue Green Resorts that have an outdoor eating area. The beautiful skyline can provide a truly romantic setting for the couples who are vacationing together.

Exercise Facility

When traveling on vacation, many people become worried about ruining their fitness regimen. Luckily, most resorts provide a fitness center. Most of the fitness rooms are open around-the-clock, which enables vacationers to enjoy a good workout at any given time. Some of the customary fitness equipment includes exercise balls, treadmills, cardio bikes, strength training machines, and workout benches.

Ski Areas

While the summertime is a popular time for people to plan a vacation, the winter also offers a lot of excitement. Some mountain resorts feature an actual ski area. Families can literally spend the entire day having fun on the slopes. There are also several other cold weather activities to enjoy, including snow tubing and riding snowmobiles down a frozen path.

While on vacation, a person should be able to leave all of their worries at home. These five resort features will certainly help vacationers to unwind.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Kinkaku-ji Temple, Kyoto


Kinkaku-ji Temple Originally a Villa

Kinkaku-ji, one of the leading temples of Kyoto was built towards the end of the 14th century and was originally a villa for Ashikaga Yoshimitsu who had taken possession of a mountain villa of Saionji Temples in 1397. The same had been transformed into a temple of the Zen sect of Buddhism, popular for the practice of zazen or religious mediation, after the death of Yoshimitsu.

Its official name is Rokuon-ji and is famous both in Japan as well as abroad as a symbol of Kitayama culture. The Golden Pavilion of Kinkaku was built as the Shariden, covered in gold, the image of the pavilion that stands at the edge of Kyokochi pond is reflected in the water.

The temple was burnt down several times in the flames of war as well as other infernos the more recent being by arson, which was made famous by the novel of Yukio Mishima – Kinkakuji. – The Temple of the golden Pavilion. However in 1955, it was restored and in1987, major repair work had been carried out which has enhanced its brilliance still further. Kinkaku-ji is one of the historical buildings representatives of Japan and has been recognised by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage.

The Chamber of Dharma Water

Every floor of the Kinkaku-ji is built in different style where the first floor known as `the Chamber of Dharma Water’ is motivated by the Heian mansions of the 11th century and is often described as the Shinden style. It is only a large room which is surrounded by a veranda which sits below the more enormous second storey and is distanced from the interior by reticulated shutters known as Shitomido.

 The Shitomido tends to reach just halfway to the ceiling enabling sufficient light as well as air inside.The second floor known as the Tower of Sound Waves is the Samurai house style and was intended as a Buddha hall and encloses an econ of the Bodhisattva Kannon while the third floor was built in the Zen style with cusped windows and ornamentation. It aptly houses an Amida triad with twenty-five Bodhisattvas and a Chinese phoenix crowns the eaves.

The Golden Pavilion

The heart of the complex of the temple is the Golden Pavilion placed picturesquely in its garden towards the edge of a lake. The garden was created with the intention of providing a view of various scenes while strolling around a large pond known as Kyoko-chi, placed at its centre within a stretch of about 93,000 of the 132,000 square meter temple grounds and the pond itself occupies about 60,000 square meters which includes islands of different sizes like the Naka-jima and Iwa-jima.

This layout is characteristic of the Shinden style of the Heian period and is projected to suggest a position between heaven and earth. Rocks and stones of rare shapes are also found here. All these islands tend to have various shapes based on the angle from which they are observed and the scene perceived from the Sekka-tei Cottage towards the back of the hill seems to be especially inspiring while the reflection of the golden pavilion on the water is also very appealing.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Montreal Tower


The Montreal Tower – Tallest Inclined Tower

The Montreal Tower, at 165 metres, is the tallest inclined tower in the world and its 45 degree angle is overwhelming when one contemplates on the Leaning Tower of Pisa’s tilt which is only 5 degrees. Visitors can view the entire Greater Montreal region and up to 80 kilometres of St. Lawrence River valley, from its summit and witness a breath-taking panorama which has received a three star rating and the highest available, by the renowned Michelin Guide.

It has also been listed in The Guinness Book of Records as the tallest inclined tower in the world. Visitors are in awe on this amazing structure with an incline as dramatic as the Montreal Tower. This is because the top of the tower has a mass of 8,000 tonnes that is permanently attached to the infrastructure as well as the solid concrete based buried ten metres below the ground level.

Moreover, this base also tends to have a mass of 145,000 tonnes or equivalent of three aircraft carriers. Visitors have a mesmerizing climb to the top of the Montreal Tower in a glass encased funicular which can accommodate around 76 passengers. The funicular, the only one in the world tends to operate on a curved structure and has a hydraulic system enabling the cabin to stay horizontal during the ride of two minute to the top.

The Only Funicular Operating on Curved Structure

The funicular has two levels carrying 76 passengers at a time and given time to load and unload carries more than 500 people each hour. It is the only funicular which operates on a curved structure enabling the vehicle to stay upright in spite of the incline.

The climb to the top of the tower is very exciting and guest ride on one-of-a-kind funicular that ascends the exterior of the tower provides amazing view right from the time one enters the vehicle till they arrive back safely at the station. During peak tourist session, as per published statistic, the funicular that travels at 2.8 meters per second, around 6 miles per hour, makes approximately a hundred return trips, along 266 meters of rail each day.

Located also at the top of the Tower is the Salon Montreal, which is a reception room that can accommodate around 200 guests. The vast triangular base of the tower near the Stadium has the Olympic Park Sports Centre and the tourist hall which is linked to an indoor parking facility is huge enough to accommodate around 80 buses.

Architectural Symbol of Montreal

The Montreal Tower, the architectural symbol of Montreal welcomes over 250,000 visitors annually to this amazing destination. Impending over the Olympic Stadium, it records among the uncontested symbols of the city. It was constructed for the 1976 Olympic summer games and the daring design is the work of French architect, Roger Taillibert.

Adorned by its Tower, this imposing structure is the most preferred arena for most of the important sporting events, large public and private gatherings as well as rock converts. Taking a ride in the funicular to any of these three observations decks provides an unhindered view of Montreal together with its surrounding areas. The Montreal Tower Observatory can be visited all through the year with the exception of six weeks which is from early January through mid-February since it tends to remain close for annual routine maintenance purpose.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Blackpool Tower


Blackpool Tower Home to Five Remarkable Attractions

The Blackpool Tower, a tourist site in Blackpool, Lancashire, England was opened to the tourists on 14 May 1894. It was motivated due to the Eiffel Tower in Paris which rises to 158 meters and the tower is a Grade listed building.

The Blackpool Tower is a home to five remarkable attractions and also has some unique architecture comprising of bespoke Burma-toft terracotta glazed panels as well as outstanding designs by Frank Marcham.

Around 3,000 people took the first ride to the top when the tower was opened where they paid sixpence for admission and another sixpence for a ride in the lifts to the top with an additional sixpence for the circus. The first to ascend the tower had been local journalist in September 1893 who used constructors’ ladders.

The top of the towers had caught fire in 1897 and the platform was seen on fire from up to fifty miles distance. During the first thirty years of construction, the tower was not properly painted and became corroded leading to discussion with regards to its demolishing. Nonetheless it was decided to rebuild it instead and from 1921 to 1924, the steelwork in the structure was replaced as well as renewed.

Mistaken for a Lighthouse by Norwegian Ship

A Norwegian ship Abana while sailing from Liverpool to Savannah, Georgia, on 22 December 1894, was caught in a storm and had mistaken the recently built Blackpool tower for a lighthouse. Abana was first spotted off North Pier and later drifted to Little Bispham where she was wrecked.

It can still be seen at low tide. The ship’s bell still tends to hang in St. Andrews Church in Cleveleys. During the Second World War, in 1940, the crow’s nest was said to be removed to enable the structure to be utilised as a Royal Air Force radar station which was known as RAF Tower though it proved to be unsuccessful. Towards 1949, a post box had been opened at the top of the tower and in 1956; the hydraulic lifts to the top of the tower had been replaced as well as the winding-gear by electric.

In 1977 due to the celebration of Queen Elizabeth’s Silver Jubilee, the top of the tower was painted in silver. A giant model of King Kong was placed on the side of the tower in 1984. Thereafter, in 1985, it is said that escapologist Karl Bartoni and his bride got married, suspended in a cage from the tower.

Renamed `Tower World’ – Opened by Diana, Princess of Wales

In 1992, the winding gear and the lifts were once again replaced and the same year the tower complex was renamed `Tower World’ which was opened by Diana, Princess of Wales. The tower is said to be painted usually in dark red, except due to its centenary year in 1994, it was painted in gold by abseiling painters.

A `Walk of Faith’ glass floor paned was opened at the top of the tower in 1998 which was made of two sheet of laminated glass, weighing half a ton and two inches thick. A laser beam that was installed in 2007 on the tower for the period of the annual illumination was disapproved by astronomer Sir Patrick Moore, presenter of The Sky at Night television programme. The tower also has transmitter for local FM station Radio Wave 96.5 together with some non-broadcast services

Blackpool Tower Attractions

Some of the attractions worth exploring at the Blackpool Tower are –
  • The Blackpool Tower Eye and 4D Cinema experience where visitors can get carried away with Blackpool’s first 4D cinema experience that takes them on trip down memory lane exploring the history of the amazing seaside town. They are then taken on a frightening lift ride to the top where they get sensational glimpses with a floor to ceiling glass observation window with wonderful view of the Irish Sea.
  • The Blackpool tower Ballroom which is one of the most amazing ballrooms in the world has been designed by renowned Victorian architects Frank Marcham. It is amazing where daily tea dances, fabulous events together with wonderful music keep this world class venue a sight to behold providing fabulous experience for both the young and the old.
  • The Blackpool Tower Dungeon which is located deep in the belly of the Tower is a hysterical 70 minutes, actor led show with skilful performers as well as storytellers leaving their visitors with lots of laughter with their tales of plague, witches and torture.
  • The Blackpool tower Circus is also one of the premium examples of Victorian circus and is amidst the legs of the Blackpool tower and showcases some of the most amazing performances in circus from all across the world with its entertainment of splendid acrobatic feats and comical clowning adventures. It also features the popular grand water finale which dates back to 1894, where the circus ring is submerged in 40.000 gallons of water
  • A fantastic indoor soft play `Jungle Jim, centre themed on a lost Aztec City is the most appealing place for kids to enjoy and have a wonderful time within a safe environment in the Blackpool Tower