Useful Addresses - The Traveller


Post Top Ad

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Useful Addresses

In France

- Canadian Tourism Commission: the Canadian Tourism Commission is no longer represented in France.

- Canadian Embassy: 35, avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris. Mr. Franklin-D. Roosevelt or Alma-Marceau. Tel. : 01-44-43-29-00. Open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12 pm and 14 pm to 17 pm. For everything concerning visas, offices are located at 37 Avenue Montaigne, same phone, but only 8 of 30 am to 11 pm.

- Canadian Cultural Centre: 5 rue de Constantine, 75007 Paris. M.: Invalides. Tel. : 01-44-43-21-90. Open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 18 pm (20 pm Thursday). Art gallery and resource center. Various cultural events: music, poetry, theater, cinema, etc..

- France Canada (association): 5, rue de Constantine, 75007 Paris. M.: Invalides. Tel. : 01-45-55-83-65. Open Monday to Friday from 11 am to 16 pm. For any project trips to Canada.

In Belgium

- Embassy of Canada: Avenue de Tervuren, 2, 1040 Brussels. Tel. : 02-741-0611. Open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12 pm 30 and 13 h from 30 to 17 h. Consular Section 9 am to 12 pm or by appointment.

In Switzerland

- Embassy of Canada: Kirchenfelstrasse, 88, 3005 Bern. Tel. : 031-357-32-00. Open Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 17 pm, and Friday from 8 am to 13 pm 30. Consular section open Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 17 pm, and Friday from 8 am to 13 pm 30. Consular section open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 11 pm 30.

Entry Requirements

- Passport valid. A return ticket or onward will be required, as well as evidence of financial responsibility (credit card, traveler's checks ...). Children (under 14) already on a parent's passport do not require individual passport. Before departure, you are advised to check these procedures on the website of the Canadian Embassy.

Caution, if you go to the U.S. from Canada, the entry formalities are stricter: be sure to read the website of the Embassy of the United States before you travel.

- No mandatory vaccination.

- Prohibiting the importation of perishable unsterilized (meat, cheese, biscuits ...) or plants. Only cans are tolerated. A bottle of alcohol per person is permitted.

- Exemptions from taxes, here are the maximum amounts that can be imported into the country without declaring them to customs: 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 200 grams of tobacco, 1.5 liters of wine or 1.1 liters of spirits, perfume in reasonable quantities.

International Student Identity Card (ISIC)

The ISIC prove student status in the world and you can enjoy all the benefits, services, discounts for students from around the transport, accommodation, culture, recreation, shopping ...
The ISIC also provides access to exclusive offers on travel (airfare, hotels and hostels, insurance, SIM cards, car rental ...).

Map to International Youth Hostels (IYH)

The map FUAJ, valid in more than 90 countries, opens the doors of the 4000 hostels in the Hostelling International network spread throughout the world. Opening times vary by country.

The card is mandatory to stay in a youth hostel, so we recommend you get it before you leave.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this...loads of useful information!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.